Saturday, May 19, 2007

P-H-O-T-O-C-A-P-T-I-O-N-C-O-N-T-E-S-T

That's right it's photo caption contest time again. And this one comes straight from the pages of Newsweek magazine.

You have to hand it to Newsweek, when China takes over the world, they'll be the ones saying, "We told you so." It seems like every issue ties some aspect of our lives to the Chinese and how they are doing it better or faster or cheaper. Is nothing safe?!!

Perhaps you thought cheerleading was safe. It's pretty all-American isn't it? Don't bet on it. The Chinese have set their sights on it and keep appearing at the annual Cheerleading Worlds which Newsweek describes as "the Super Bowl of spirit competitions."

But are we our own worst enemy? I submit this picture which accompanied the article. Forgive the quality. The only way I could get it here was to take a picture of my computer screen (don't ask.)


That's not what I remember cheerleading being about. As a matter of fact, these people look a little scary to me.

Take this young lady for instance. She looks like she's got someone in her sights that she's about to assualt with her pelvis.









And what about this guy? He's either the "ooh-ooh" portion of the cheer or he just pulled a groin. Strike that...maybe pelvis girl just gave him a fist of fury in the pyramid maker.







And how about her? She looks happy, right? Maybe?








But not as happy as her. I mean, I've seen happy and that's it.











But she's definitely not as happy as he is. Nobody is as happy as he is.









So here's the assignment: Come up with a cheer for this picture. It doesn't have to be a whole cheer. Maybe just the line that they are screaming at this very moment. Try to keep it clean. Well, as clean as this picture so that should give you considerable latitude.

Get your cheer on!

9 comments:

  1. GIMME AN M!
    GIMME AN E!
    GIMME A T!
    GIMME AN H!
    GIMME AN A!
    GIMME AN M!
    GIMME A P!
    GIMME AN H!
    GIMME AN E!
    GIMME A T!
    GIMME AN A!
    GIMME AN M!
    GIMME AN I!
    GIMME AN N!
    GIMME AN E!
    GIMME AN S!
    WHAT'S THAT SPELL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2-4-6-8, let's all go re-caffeinate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, YES WE DO! WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, oh God, ANEURYSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. E-X-C...I-T-E
    SOMEONE GET MY MEDS FOR ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pelvis! Pelvis! Hair! Hair!
    Now I'll flash my derriere.
    GOOOOOO CHEERLEADERS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Think "Hey Mickey")
    In gen'ral this ain't how I look,
    This is all the meth I took!
    Please help me (clap clap, clapclap)
    Please help me (clap clap, clapclap)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't help but to watch
    You must look at my crotch
    To be frank
    There may be skank
    But if you're drunk it is topnotch

    Gooooooo, Herpes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who switched the super glue with the toothpaste?

    ReplyDelete