Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Near And Far


You Tube has turned out to be a sort of curse for me. I really enjoy finding some of these things that I have forgotten but it really bothers me that I can't save them onto my computer. Beyond the fact that I have all the makings of an electronic pack rat is the realization that I am not able to share these clips with people who have slower internet connections.

If that last part pertains to you, then just skip the rest of this entry.

Sesame Street is represented pretty well on You Tube. A lot of my favorite clips seem to involve Grover. In this one he explains "near" and "far."
Grover Does Near And Far

Here he is trying to sell the short fat blue man that always comes for lunch on the benefits of avoiding the big hamburger.
Grover Recommends The Small Hamburger

Here are a few more and I'm sure there are plenty that I haven't found yet.
Grover The Waiter In The Park
Grover Does Cooperation
Grover's Echo

You can also find some of the animated shorts that used to appear on the show in the 70's. At least two of them were created by Bud Luckey. He now works for Pixar and is credited by John Lasseter as the person who suggested that Woody be a cowboy in Toy Story. Most recently he voiced Rick Dicker, agent of the superhero relocation program, in The Incredibles. The first two are his. And maybe the third.

The Alligator King
The Ladybug Picnic
My Martian Cutie

Telephone Rock was always a favorite as a kid and now I realize why: it's a really great song. I love the operator sharing the screen.

Capital I should be covered by somebody. I remember it being faster and more up tempo but I really like it the way it is.

The Pinball Countdown was and is soooo freaky. I can remember as a child feeling like I was watching something exciting and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment