Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Everything Only

Help me out here. There's a trash can in the City of Stone Mountain with the little trash can push door on top and on its' side are the words "Trash Only."

I have thought and thought about this one and I can't figure out what that means. Every morning that I drive home from work I have to pass this can. I keep meaning to bring my camera along. What could someone possibly put in the trash that wasn't trash other than maybe some living thing? You may as well have written "Everything Only" on the side. Even if the can used to sit beside a can that said "Recyclables Only" why would you specify "Trash Only." Everything that isn't recyclable must be trash. Right?

I don't know why this bothers me so much. Maybe it's because I can't put my head around it. I mean I can't even chalk it up to laziness. It took more effort to stencil and spray paint the extra line. So there must be meaning in the act, right? Am I the only one to notice? Or does this not bother anyone else? Is this a test? I feel kind of isolated right now.

This might be my par can falling from the sky. When did you know, Truman?

3 comments:

  1. Well, you got me curious because the only things I could think of were babies and pipe bombs, and you already ruled out babies. So I took a quick look and found this: http://www.4to40.com/newsat4/index.asp?id=1037

    ReplyDelete
  2. They want to make sure it's not turned into a McMansion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first couple of times I tried the link I couldn't get anything but now it will load. Trash bins specifically for nudie mags? Now why didn't I think of that? Probably because it's a really bad idea...just for the fact that if as an adolescent I knew there was a trash can full of naked women it wouldn't have been full for long. I still remember as a teen finding a discarded Playboy on a trail through the woods near our house. I thought, at the time, it was the greatest day of my life.

    ReplyDelete