Monday, January 01, 2007

Judy's Joke

A plane bound for Melbourne, Australia is closing it's doors having completed boarding when a blonde in coach sees an open seat in First Class. She bolts up the aisle and plops down. A stewardess that witnesses the upgrade goes over to the blonde and explains that she will have to return to the coach section of the plane. The blonde replies, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, I'm going to Melbourne, and I'm not moving from this seat."

The stunned stewardess finds the First Officer and explains the situation. The First Officer approaches the blonde and asks her to return to her seat in the Coach section of the plane. The blonde replies, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, I'm going to Melbourne, and I'm not moving from this seat."

The First Officer is shocked by the woman's refusal and returns to the cockpit where he relates the whole thing to the Captain. The Captain says, "No problem, my wife is blonde. I speak blonde. I'll go talk to her."

The First Officer watches as the Captain goes back to the blonde and whispers in her ear for a few seconds. A shocked look comes over the blonde's face and she repeatedly apologizes saying, "I'm sorry, I didn't know" as she makes her way back to Coach.

Upon returning to the cockpit, the First Officer asks the Captain what he told the blonde to get her to return to her assigned seat. The Captain replies, "I told her First Class wasn't going to Melbourne."

Pretty funny, right? Well, the women on my wife's side of the family have no inclination to joke telling. I love hearing them tell a joke. So what better opportunity than at a party of Judy's after a glass of wine.

Judy's version of the joke started out in trouble. She desperately wanted to get it right and her attention to detail was her undoing. She at first forgot where the plane was going and looked to me for help. I replied that the destination could be anywhere and that it didn't matter. So she made the plane go to Bangladesh. Well enough, except that the first time the blonde starts her reply she insists that she is going to Paris.

Judy realizes her mistake and makes a course correction mid-flight as they say and seems to be on track. That is until she gets to the punchline: The Captain replies, "I told her this plane wasn't going to Paris."

Actually, it's funnier than the joke was when told right. The best part was the effort Judy put into telling the joke. She desperately wanted to tell it correctly and you could see she was trying hard. It reminded me of Albert Brooks in Finding Nemo taking the joke apart.

Also, Judy is a blonde herself. A blonde messes up a blonde joke. That's a joke in itself.

Say knock-knock, Judy.

2 comments:

  1. I resent the comment that us womenfolk can't tell a joke. Here:
    How do gay horses say "hay"?

    No, that's not right.

    How do you f*%k a witch? No,wait. A Nun? Hmm.

    Love,
    your joke-telling mistress, Paula

    ReplyDelete