Friday, July 10, 2015

Look What Tried to Steal My Watch

That's not a magnifying glass; it's a mixing bowl. And the bastard was trying to move it.

So I'm sitting watching television last night when the above mother spider with babies on board goes running across the den floor. The best I can figure, the dog door that I built also happens to be a door for giant spiders.

Incidentally, the next time you're in your back yard with an LED flashlight, shine the light across the grass or pine straw. It's going to look like there's a lot of dew on the grass because of all of the sparkles. Except, if you look at them long enough, and hold the flashlight still enough, you'll realize that the "dew" is blinking. That's right, it's spider eyes. 

Don't believe me? Ask the boys. Most of them are no bigger than a dime, but they're everywhere.

5 comments:

  1. Wolf spiders. We battle these S.O.B.s every year out here in the boonies. So big the dog won't go near them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a very funny story about one that was the size of the palm of my hand (seriously) and the adventure of trying to get it out of the house we had rented on St. George's Island years ago. I wish we had taken pictures or video.

      Delete
    2. Don't forget to mention how fast it was while holding a grudge against us. Maybe because we shrieked like little girls and startled it. Luckily Paula had the balls to take some action for us. I'm still afraid to open a Styrofoam cooler in the dark to this day.

      Delete
  2. Wolf spiders. We battle these S.O.B.s every year out here in the boonies. So big the dog won't go near them.

    ReplyDelete