Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why Are I So Dumb?

There are a few words which I keep hearing but can't seem to remember the definition of. I look them up and then forget. Then some lame-asses get together and use one of the words three times in a single issue of a magazine. Here they are in no particular order:

Sycophant - a servile flatterer. (Nothing comes to mind on this one.)
Hubris - excessive pride or self-confidence. (Makes me think of chickpeas and crackers.)
Obsequious - excessively attentive. (I keep thinking this is a kind of triangle.)
Paradigm Shift - a fundamental change in approach. (New BMW transmission, right?)

Here are some words that I am nominating to be locked away in the Disney vault:

Proactive, Enabler, Diva, Gravitas, Synergistic, and Reality

Feel free to add to either list in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment